The Off the Wall street art competition is open and we want you to enter! Choose a graffiti hot-spot, design an artwork and send in your design for your chance to win
What’s up for grabs?
- $2,000 cash prize for the winning design plus installation costs
- $500 People’s Choice Award
- An exhibition at Sawtooth Gallery for ten finalists
- Virtual installation in some of Launceston’s most iconic locations for nine runners-up
- All designs showcased in the Off the Wall online gallery
Conditions of entry
- Submissions open Friday 22 March 2013 at 11.00am and close Wednesday 31 July 2013 at 5.00pm.
- Entry is free.
- This is an open competition: artists can be any age and work in any style e.g. stencils, paste-ups, writing, traditional, etc.
- Submitted artworks must not contain any material deemed offensive by the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee reserves the right to not display in the online gallery any artwork containing material deemed offensive.
- An artist can enter more than one artwork in the competition. Each artwork must be entered on a separate entry form, however supporting materials, e.g. cv, portfolio, etc, need only be uploaded once at point of registration.
- Artworks that are collaborative works can also be entered into the competition. The names of the artists involved or the crew's name should be included under "Preferred Name".
- The artist is responsible for the content of the submitted artwork and the Launceston City Council accepts no liability for any claims, actions, losses or offences (including but not limited to breaches of copyright or plagiarism) arising from the entry of any artwork by the artist in the competition.
- Artists are required to submit a digital image of each entered artwork in RGB JPEG format. Files should be no less than 300 dpi at A4.
- All artworks entered into the competition must be the original work and concept of the artist.
- Artists are required to submit a cv or bio with their entry.
- Artists are required to submit digital images of up to five other original works as a portfolio. These could include images from exhibitions, legal street art, sketchbooks, etc.
- By entering the competition, the artist gives consent to the Launceston City Council, the City Mission and the Australian Government to reproduce the submitted image/s, or any part thereof, in the online gallery, in advertising, or for any other purpose. No royalties, charges or fees will be paid to the artist for the Launceston City Council to reproduce the artwork.
- By entering the competition, the artist gives consent to the Launceston City Council, the City Mission and the Australian Government to reproduce the artist's cv or bio in the online gallery or for any other purpose.
Acceptance and Exhibition
- If an artist is selected as a finalist, they must be available to install their artwork at Sawtooth Gallery in March 2014.
- If an artist is selected as the winning artist, they must be available to install their artwork by July 2014.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to negotiate the installation location with the ten finalists.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to negotiate an alternative design for installation with the finalists. In this instance, the Selection Committee will provide a written brief to the finalists.
- The Selection Committee panel of judges will choose the ten finalists' work from those submitted. The judges' decision will be final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- The ten finalists will be announced in November 2013. Selected artists will be notified in writing.
- The People's Choice Award will be awarded to the entry with the most 'Likes' on Facebook and votes on Twitter combined.