Nokay Singapore/Hong Kong
Recolonization. Cardboard and photograpy
We are a team of 2 different nationalities, 2 similar yet different disciplines (architecture and landscape architecture). Our love to express out through artworks and installations gave us an opportunity to come together.
Our artwork takes on the path of a social experiment. We propose to place 200 cardboard-made Tasmanian Tigers around the busier streets in Launceston city. Arrayed uniformly, these once vanished; symbols of Tasmania are given a chance to make a comeback to their homeland. We are curious about the people’s reactions and interested in the exploration of the public intimacy and the response to natural environmental issues.
As these tigers are just situated on the street, the outcome of this artwork is unpredictable, as it will develop differently depending on the pedestrians’ interaction with it and the climate. This whole process would be recorded in the form of photographs.
- Install and open the Junaio app
- - Junaio is a free app that you can download from either Google Play (android) or App Store (IOS)
- Scan the QR code which is located on the sign and unique to each location
- - Open the Junaio app and point your mobile device at the QR code to the right on the sign
- - Tap the Scan button on the top right hand corner of your mobile device
- - You will see a message that reads 'Scanning for AR content', followed by the name of the location's artist in the top left hand of the screen when it is successfully scanned
- Find the image in Step 3 on the sign - this is where the hidden artwork is located on the building.
- - Point your mobile device at this location and the hidden artwork should appear in the viewfinder
How to use your mobile device to discover the other locations and get more info on the artwork
Point your mobile device at the Off the Wall logo on the left of the sign. You should see the word 'Map' appear. Tap the Map button on your mobile device screen to view more information on the artist and their artwork, and discover the next and previous locations on the Street Art Trail.
Please note that this installation is highly dependent on available light.
The artwork may not appear, cut in and out, or “wobble” due to excessive glare or insufficient light at the time of viewing.
If this should happen, we suggest returning at another time to view the artwork.